30 Inspirational Quotes For Freelancers
Updated: Mar 2
Freelancing is rapidly replacing the 9-5. Working as a freelancer can be complicated and often scary. It can be an unstable career, with periods of worklessness and anxiety, periods of financial difficulties, and even moments of loneliness. But, it is a form of work that more and more people are choosing. Why? Because it can be freeing, allowing you to work in the comfort of your home, it can give you more free time and it can bring lots of satisfaction. Some people love saving time and money on daily commutes, others enjoy meeting people virtually. Whatever the case, sometimes working as a freelancer requires some extra motivation and focus.
My advice to you freelancers out there is to keep believing in yourself. Tell yourself that the work you do is valuable, high-quality, and essential. Worship your abilities and accept praise! Never let others tell you freelancing is not "a real job" because you know it is. It can be tough but if you stick to it and give it your best, you can create a wonderful and fulfilling life for yourself.
Here is a compilation of quotes to make you feel #motivated and ready to tackle any challenge!
1. "Change how you're paid, change your life." - Richie Norton
2. "Freelance doesn't mean free." - Anonymous
3. "If you dig deep and keep peeling the onion, artists and freelance writers are the leaders in society - the people who start to get new ideas out." - Allan Savory
4. "Be willing to be a beginner every single morning." - Meister Eckhart
5. "No doesn't mean never, it just means not yet." - Candice King
6. "Either you run the day, or the day runs you." - Jim Rohn
7. "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." - George Lorimer
8. "Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be." - Zig Ziglar
9. "People really need to understand that writers' work is valuable, and that fighting for the value of your work is not against your interests." - Scott Carney
10. "Just like you should dress for the career you want, you should have a workspace that reflects the business you're trying to create." - Carrie Smith
Finding motivation and inspiration can become a difficult task when you are constantly at home working and trying to find work. Maintaining a schedule and forcing yourself to stick to it can help keep you on track.
11. "Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly." - Steven R. Covey
12. "If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it." - Olin Miller
13. "Opportunities don't happen, you create them." - Chris Grosser
14. "You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are." - Yogi Bhajan
15. "There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
16. "Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work." - Stephen King
17. "Follow effective actions with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action." - Peter Drucker
18. "The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra
19. "There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them." - Dennis Waitley
While I talked about sticking to a schedule, it's also important to have some 'me time'. Go for a walk, take a break, have a cup of coffee. Watch a good show, or spend time with a friends or pets. Take your mind off work and you'll return feeling fresh and motivated.
20. "As long as they are well-intentioned, mistakes are not a matter for shame, but for learning." - Margaret Heffernan
21. "The life of the professional writer – like that of any freelance, whether she be a plumber or a podiatrist – is predicated on willpower. Without it, there simply wouldn’t be any remuneration, period." - Will Self
22. "The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play." - Arnold J. Toynbee
23. "There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere." - Jane Austen
24. "Man is only truly great when he acts from the passions; never irresistible but when he appeals to the imagination." - Benjamin Disraeli
25. "Quality is job one." - Henry Ford
26. "Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE." - Joss Whedon
27. "If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears." - Simon Sinek
28. "Very often, a change of self is needed more than a change of scene." - A.C Benson
29. "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." - Buddha
30. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and – SNAP – the job’s a game!" - Mary Poppins
This last quote sums up one of the best parts of freelancing - it can be fun! True, you need to work hard and be professional, but you can always play and have fun with your life!
Are you still feeling that freelance lifestyle anxiety? Check out my list of 25 Motivational Quotes to Stop You Worrying About the Future here!