25 Motivational Quotes To Stop You From Worrying About The Future
Updated: Nov 4
We are living through uncertain times with many of us stuck at home, isolating and worrying about what will happen next and thinking about the long-term future.
Many people get stuck - with work, relationships, their life just because they worry too much about the uncertainties the future holds. I find myself thinking about what's going to happen a lot. And it's not necessarily healthy!
It's good to make plans, set goals and strive for a successful future, yet it can be counterproductive to worry about it too much. At the end of the day, things happen and we can't control all of them.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate ads. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
The best way to stay positive and motivated is to have a read through some good quotes expressed by some very wise and intelligent individuals.
I know that "motivational quotes" can seem cheesy sometimes, but just understanding the message behind a quote and thinking about it can ease anxiety and make us more optimistic.
I've browsed through hundreds of quotes to bring you some of the best. Here are 25 motivational quotes for those of us who want to focus on the present and stop worrying about the future!
1. "Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life." - Buddha
2. Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay." - Simone de Beauvoir
3. "Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored." - Earl Nightingale
4. "What is coming is better than what is gone." - Arabic Proverb
5. "Don't worry about people in your past. There's a reason they didn't make it to your future." - Anonymous
6. "There is nothing like a dream to create the future." - Victor Hugo
7. "What helps make your future a brighter one is if you'll make the decision today to choose to be happy and thankful for the present, and just let the future be." - Matt Morris
8. "Just remember - when you think all is lost, the future remains." - Bob Goddard
9. "Savor the moment. Most people fear the future. Sometimes you see yourself worrying about what will happen. The best thing to do is to banish all your worries about the future." - John Rogers
10. "The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better." - Paulo Coelho
11. "And while imagining a better future, let's also imagine a better self. Unless we give our power away, we are in charge of creating our future." - Vlad Zachary
12. "The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power." - Anonymous
13. "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. "Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now." - Denis Waitley
15. "A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." - Jean de La Fontaine
16. "The hardships that I encountered in the past will help me succeed in the future." - Philip Emeagwali
17. "Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future." - William Wordsworth
18. "Any mistakes that I make is an investment in my future." - Rose Namajunas
19. "Trying to predict the future is like trying to drive down a country road at night with no lights while looking out the back window." - Peter Drucker
20. "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." - Marcus Aurelius
21. "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine." - Mike Murdock
22. "Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so." - Noam Chomsky
23. "We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it." - Barack Obama
24. "The future remains uncertain and so it should, for it is the canvas upon which we paint our desires. Thus always the human condition faces a beautifully empty canvas." - Frank Herbert
25. " You don't need to predict the future. Just choose a future -- a good future, a useful future -- and make the kind of prediction that will alter human emotions and reactions in such a way that the future you predicted will be brought about. Better to make a good future than predict a bad one." - Isaac Asimov