25 of the most beautiful quotes about autumn
Updated: Nov 4, 2021
Autumn is a wonderful time of the year. It's always sad when summer ends, but it doesn't mean that fall isn't worth the same love.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I make a commission on any qualifying purchases.
As the weather gets colder, the leaves turn from being green to a display of vivid colors. There are so many beautiful Autumn days. The leaves change color and it isn't too hot or too cold.
The leaves start to fall, the birds go, but the colorful reds, oranges, and yellows in the landscape are breathtaking. Not only can you snuggle inside, but fall is also my favorite season because it's perfect for taking photos.
For me, fall is a time to prepare for rebirth but also to practice my cozy routines, enjoy hot chocolate, and take walks in the crunchy leaves.
To prepare for winter animals gather food and start the hibernation process, squirrels store acorns, and trees shed their leaves in preparation for the cold. This long rest will be a blessing when nature awakens in Spring.
I've decided to share my favorite autumn-related quotes with you to celebrate this lovely fall season!
30 Best Autumn Quotes
1. "Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits." - Samuel Butler
2. "Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings." - Terri Guillemets
3. "Wild is the music of the autumnal winds amongst the faded woods." - William Wordsworth
4. "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face." - John Donne
5. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. "It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it." – Diana Gabaldon
7. " I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves." - Ann Drake
8. "Spring is beautiful, and summer is perfect for vacations, but autumn brings a longing to get away from the unreal things of life, out into the forest at night with a campfire and the rustling leaves." – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
9. "There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves." - Joe. L. Wheeler
10. "Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale." - Lauren Destefano
11. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” - Albert Camus
12. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” - J.K. Rowling
13. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” - Chad Sugg
14. "How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." - John Burroughs
15. "Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree." - Emily Brontë
16. "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot
17. "The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves." - Charlotte Bates
18. "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go." - Unknown
19. "Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar." - Delia Owens
20. "Dancing of the autumn leaves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake." - Mehmet Murat Idles
21. "Autumn... the year's last, loveliest smile." - William Cullen Bryant
22. "It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon." -
Sarah Addison Allen
23. "The autumn wind is a pirate. Blustering in from sea with a rollicking song he sweeps along swaggering boisterously. His face is weather beaten, he wears a hooded sash with a silver hat about his head... The autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun." - Steve Sabol
24. "Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt." - William Allingham
25. "And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves." - Virginia Woolf
Now that I've got you thinking about autumn, I'm sure you want to see all the reasons you should get excited about the fall season.