These 10 Quotes Will Inspire You To Stop Fearing Failure
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I make a commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the recluse hub!
I've spent the longest time fearing failure. I was so caught up with societal pressures and the constant bombardment of success narratives that I forgot to just relax and go with the flow. I recently read Mark Manson's "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" and I had an "OH" moment.
I kept thinking to myself, WHY did I waste so much energy worrying about being successful. In reality, there's no such thing as a perfect life. It's best to be happy with what you've got and strive to improve, but it's never a good idea to compete with others. You'll end up disappointed when you just can't achieve the same things.
So, the day after reading the book I realized that I do in fact have that "don't give an eff" attitude, I just wasn't using it properly.
I searched for great quotes about failure and I instantly felt better and more positive. I was feeling like a failure at blogging because I was doing all the Pinterest tips and hacks, creating pins, yet I wasn't getting traffic. Then I realized, I wasn't being consistent enough and I stopped worrying about it so much.
I joined Facebook groups and I started seeing an uptick in views and traffic! I was so happy! There is no such thing as real 'failure', it's all about perspective and hard work.
If you need a little pick me up, read these inspirational quotes about failure!
There are some authors and experts who tell you to embrace failure, and they're right: you can't be perfect all the time and you need to treat failure as a learning experience.
1. "Fear regret more than failure." - Taryn Rose
2. "It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure." — Bill Gates
As I was researching quotes for this blog post, I realized that so many people are searching for "How do you deal with failure quotes?"
I guess many people feel overwhelmed with failure when they probably aren't even failing that bad...but society makes people strive for constant success and it's exhausting.
3. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” —Ellen DeGeneres
4. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” —Jack Canfield
5. “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” - Thomas Edison
6. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” - Truman Capote
7. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” - Maya Angelou
8. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. “We are all failures- at least the best of us are.” - J.M Barrie
10. “If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.” - Henry David Thoreau