30 Things To Do This Autumn
Updated: Aug 23, 2020
The end of summer is a stressful period for many people who feel depressed that summer vacations are over and the weather is cooling down. But, autumn is actually a fun season if you know how to make the most of it. I'm actually excited about the chilly weather and the changing of the leaves.
Plus, chilly weather = cozy sweaters and blanket season! What's better than curling up on the couch with a warm cardigan, a good book and a cup of tea?
By enjoying the little things the season has to offer, you can get over any autumn blues and actually enjoy this wonderful season. I've compiled a list of 30 things to do this fall that'll help you feel better.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
1. Walk around in nature and watch the colors of the leaves as they change.
2. Drink hot chocolate, pumpkin spice lattes, or tea.
3. Take photos with pumpkins, leaves, nature, animals.
4. Read a good book on a rainy day.
5. Buy some nice autumn clothes, including cozy jumpers and cute boots.
6. Participate in Halloween festivities, get dressed up in a costume, go to a party.
7. Light candles, think of those Bath & Bodyworks autumn candles with pumpkin scents.
8. Go visit a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, or go apple picking.
9. Bake autumn treats like pumpkin bread and apple pie.
10. Go "foraging" and collect pinecones, acorns, leaves.
11. Make smores.
12. Carve a pumpkin.
13. Put up some autumn decorations like wreaths or fairy lights and add small gourds around the house.
14. Send Thanksgiving cards to loved ones.
15. Take a bike ride.
16. Observe the birds as they migrate or watch animals gather food for winter.
17. Have an outdoor dinner and enjoy hot apple cider.
18. Buy a cozy blanket and fuzzy socks.
19. Try to make at least one autumn craft.
20. Create fall floral arrangements for your home. Chrysanthemums are popular fall flowers.
21. Watch scary movies.
22. Try knitting something or learn to cross-stitch.
23. Visit a harvest festival or other autumn festivals.
24. Play in the leaves.
25. Play some outdoor sports or do your workout in a park with pretty fall foliage.
26. Go hiking or camping.
27. Visit your local farmer's market and buy seasonal fruits and vegetables.
28. Listen to classical music.
29. Go on a drive to see the leaves or take a scenic train ride.
30. Write or journal and write down why you are thankful this season.
#autumnactivities #autumn #fallactivities #autumnfun