20 Quotes About Success That Will Motivate You Right Now
Updated: Oct 30, 2020
Society judges people based on their success in life - whether it's having a successful career, being wealthy, having an attractive partner, etc. But really, nobody can decide what success really means to a person. Maybe you think having a six-figure salary is a sign of success, while someone else feels successful after creating a website. Success is all about perspective and dependent on each person's life goals and abilities.
Success is relative, and I've written about it before and discussed how success should be defined by YOU and not others, yet I'd like to continue to discuss success in this blog post. Often all we need is a little push from behind, a little bit of extra motivation to get us through the day. On those days when you feel like you are failing will those around you are basking in success, take a moment to detach and recharge.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Here's a compiled list of 20 quotes about success, from different perspectives and a variety of public figures.
1. One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself. - Leonardo da Vinci
2. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. - George S. Patton
3. Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures. - Sam Walton
4. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing. - Abraham Lincoln
5. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. - John D. Rockefeller
6. Success is the fruit of concentration. - Navjot Singh Sidhu
7. Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. - George Sheehan
8. I measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her fellow human beings. - Margaret Mead
9. How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone. - Coco Chanel
10. Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning. - Benjamin Franklin
11. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. -- Bruce Lee
12. I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--It is: Try to please everybody. - Herbert Bayard Swope
13. Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember--the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you. - Zig Ziglar
14. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. -- Vidal Sassoon
15. Action is the foundational key to all success. – Pablo Picasso
16. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
17. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw
18. The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself. – Mark Caine
19. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. – Mark Twain
20. Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. – Alexander Graham Bell
If you enjoyed these quotes, feel free to share this post.