Read These 20 Quotes About Introverts To Better Understand Them
Updated: Mar 17, 2021
Being an introvert can be challenging in a world where you have to speak up to get what you want. Sometimes introverts are misjudged and thought of as "weird, strange, too quiet" but introverts have a lot to contribute. Extroverts can find interaction with introverts difficult because usually, their interests and lifestyles differ. I'm an extremely introverted person but I actually enjoy being that way.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.
You can learn how to be a successful introvert from bestselling books such as Sylvia Loehken's "Quiet Impact". It discusses the 10 strengths of introverts and the 10 challenges they must overcome. It's full of well-researched information that helps you understand yourself and other introverts.
I want to share with you 20 great quotes about introverts that I hope you will find interesting. When I read these, I recognize a lot of things about myself and my way of thinking.
BEST QUOTES ABOUT INTROVERTS
1. “Quiet people have the loudest minds.” Stephen Hawking
2. “Solitude matters and for some people it’s the air they breathe.” Susan Cain
3. “How much better is silence; the coffee cup, the table. How much better to sit by myself like the solitary sea-bird that opens its wings on the stake. Let me sit here forever with bare things, this coffee cup, this knife, this fork, things in themselves, myself being myself.” Virginia Wolf
4. “You only know part of me. I am a universe full of secrets.” Lupytha Hermin
5. “Don't think of introversion as something that needs to be cured...Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to.” Susan Cain
6. “Introverts live in two worlds: We visit the world of people, but solitude and the inner world will always be our home.” Jenn Granneman
7. “I search for solitude and within that search I find "me” Miles Patrick Yonka
8. “As an introvert, you crave intimate moments and deep connections--and those usually aren't found in a crowd.” Jenn Granneman
9. “Our culture made a virtue of living only as extroverts. We discouraged the inner journey, the quest for a center. So we lost our center and have to find it again.” Anaïs Nin
10. "I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky." Audrey Hepburn
11. "When a quiet introvert talks, heads turn, and that's power." Laurie Helgoe
12. "For an introvert his environment is himself and can never be subject to startling or unforeseen change." Quentin Crisp
13. "The only thing a true introvert dislikes more than talking about himself is repeating himself." Jonathan Rauch
14. "Introverts are capable of acting like extroverts for the sake of work they consider important, people they love, or anything they value highly." Susan Cain
15. "Introverts are dependent on their own inside noise, extroverts are dependent of outside noise. The outputs are dependent on quality of those noise." Amit K Ghosh
16. "Introverts are generally more sensitive to low-intensity stimuli - they are mentally alerted to inputs that extroverts may miss." Laurie Helgoe
17. "What a lovely surprise to discover how unlonely being alone can be." Ellen Burstyn
18. "I think a lot, but I don't say much." Anne Frank
19. "The day I began to live is the day I discovered being an introvert was awesome." Maxime Lagace
20. "The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude." Aldous Huxley
*this post contains affiliate links