11 tips to attract more blog visitors and readers
Updated: Jan 14, 2022
Sure, having a blog is fun and all, but if nobody reads it, it's honestly a waste of your precious time.
Getting visitors to your website is one of the most difficult aspects of running an online business or blog.
Paying for it through search engines or pay-per-click and pay-per-exposure advertising is one of the simplest methods. However, this is a dilemma because the prices might quickly escalate and you might be paying more than you're actually earning and gaining.
I've had quite negative experiences with Pinterest ads and Facebook ads and it turned out to be a waste of money. But, if you try free methods, the only thing you end up potentially wasting is a bit of your time.
Learn how to use articles to advertise in a simple, free, and successful method. This method has been demonstrated numerous times. Write high-impact, high-quality articles promoting your company or product and submit them for free to websites that publish articles. Follow the simple steps below to start receiving free traffic.
The good news is that there are ways to attract more visitors to your site organically without paying lots of money on ads and exposure.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. The Recluse Hub is part of the Amazon Affiliates Program and earns commission from qualifying purchases.
11 ways to get free blog visitors
1. Select a topic that will pique the reader's interest. No one enjoys reading a dull article, so be original and keep it simple.
2. Make liberal use of white space. Make sure that each paragraph has only a few lines. This ensures you can maintain your reader's attention all the way to the end. Perhaps the reader will even click on affiliate products or site ads.
3. Use bullets and numbers to emphasize key points. Everyone loves concise information in bullet-point format.
4. When writing a guest post, don't use the content to try to market your goods. This will turn readers off since they will believe they are being sold something. Instead, include connections to your website in your essay. If a reader likes your post, they are more likely to visit your website.
5. Stay focused on the topic you're writing about. Don't try to write about two or three other things at the same time. This will pique the reader's attention. Also, make sure you give the reader the info they're searching for somewhere near the top so they are more likely to come back again.
6. Make your heading stand out from the crowd. If the heading is excessively boring, most readers will skip over the article.
7. After you've finished writing your article, send it to as many article directories as possible. Search for article and blog directories on www.google.com. There are over a million hits. Select a few and send your article to them.
8. Repeat this method once a week, writing a blog post one day and submitting it the next. You should be on your way to getting a lot of free traffic to your website!
9. Use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog via classic pins, video pins, and the new feature called Idea Pins.
10. Comment on other popular blogs in your niche. Make sure to leave constructive comments that will make others interested in what you have to say. That way they're more likely to click on your page.
11. Evergreen content is king. Some people call this pillar content but it refers to articles and blog posts that are relevant over time.
Any form of blog post can be used as pillar content. Think of a how-to guide, tutorial, comparison article, opinion piece, listicle, etc.
The distinction between pillar content and other articles is that pillar content is more thorough and contains more in-depth information on the subject.
Your evergreen articles aren't subject to the passage of time. They never go out of style and are constantly useful. Although to stay on top of search results, you must keep them updated with new information and repurpose the old content.
If you are struggling with gaining traffic to your site, always remember that posting comments and staying active on social media is one of the best free methods to attract readers.
Also, don't underestimate the power of video content. As more and more people are turning to video as their main information source, you can try adding useful short videos to your blog.